Friday, December 23, 2005

christmas sucks.

It's almost christmas and I'm not going home.
Thanksgiving was a personal "mess" and I promised myself then I would not go home for christmas and have a stressed out weekend, coming home more freaked out than I already normally get. Every year, for some reason December is a super whacked out month for me. I think I like x-mas. (But I'm not really sure about it and maybe THAT is the real problem.) It's just that it's so stressful with the extra money needed for those PERFECT presents, the heavy traffic especially around the shopping places, everyone else is stressed out, having to figure out if it's ok to say Merry Christmas or possibly offend someone, trying to get everything done within a short time frame - christmas cards, christmas lights, christmas tree, christmas presents, christmas dinner, planning christmas parties, feeling like you have to go to all the christmas parties you are invited to, baking christmas cookies and on and on and on. Every year I tell myself right after Thanksgiving I'm going to hop on the christmas shit and THIS YEAR is going to go smoothly with no stress and no fighting.
Riiiight.
Now it's the day before christmas eve and I am wiped out.

Of course with my 39th birthday just around the corner I am really jumping for joy.
I think I possibly do this every year.
Yep, I guess I do.



Taken from my "mini-me" diary, entry 12/25/2003:

2000-Christmas (taking original wasn't I)

2001-Jesus' Birthday 2001 (again, where in the hell do I come up with these witty, witty titles?)

2002-the one where I can't even drink wine at my birthday celebration

2003-Is this "Christmas Past"? Otherwise known as "Didn't I do this last Christmas, and the one before, and the one before.........."



I'll have to check to see if I did this in 2004.




Update: I didn't write a christmas entry for 2004 but I did write a lousy thanksgiving entry in 2004. I think it counts.

want to see more?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

I'm with you WhisperKitty!

My kids call me GRINCHETTA!
And I kinda like it that way.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home