did I just say vicariously?
As I sat at Luby's yesterday for lunch, I wondered about the stories of the people sitting around me. Who are they? What do they think about? What are their secrets? Then I realized I was eating my food so fast that I couldn't even tell you what it tasted like. It was good, it filled me up but the subtle textures and the tastes alluded me. I slowed down to enjoy my dessert, a slice of cheesecake. It was sweet and creamy, almost nutty tasting. That's when I realized I've spent too much of my life in a hurry and stressed out because I can't get everything I want done in a 24 hour day. It's that just crazy?
I'm reading Clive Cussler's "Sahara" right now and I wish I had a job like Dirt Pitt. One globe trotting adventure after another. No desk for him. No time clock to punch in and out. No traffic. When he travels to work it's a different location every time. I long for adventure and excitement but I am not sure I am really built for that kind of life. I'm more of the home-body type.
I long for adventure but sit quietly on the sidelines watching others play that game and then I live vicariously through them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home