Wednesday, September 07, 2005

was it a dream?

What a day and night. 3 hours of sleep and I spend 2 hours til 5 am looking for cats. Then I go to work for 12 hours. I'm so exhausted (and a v. bad day to boot) so I come home to sleep. Yeah. Ever been too exhausted to sleep? Then it was 10:30 pm and I decide I need a drink. Mandye doesn't answer so I head to 'Tunes by myself. I see George, Fred and Casper. George is a horney little man, I had no idea. I have a long convo with Fred. Weird little man, sort of feel sorry for him. He tries to convince me he has never said anything bad about Pete but Pete has said not nice things about him.....right. I decide the beach is my place of solace this eve and this will bring me the peace I am seeking so I can get some sleep. The beach was beautiful, an almost mystical place. I sit in the sand, listening to that waves crashing on the beach and think about how small and insignificant I am, just sitting there. Almost as if the earth would have lost it's gravity and turned upside down and I would just float off and away. I was thinking that I can't be everything to everybody and I can't keep everyone safe. (Including the cats....they have to do what they have to do) I think it's time to go home and head out but get stuck in the sand. Of course, the home phone is off the hook and Pete is sleeping and doesn't answer the cell. I almost start to cry. Do I just sleep in my car? (the bugs would eat me alive) Get out and walk home? (way to far to walk) Call the police? (I'm drunk, need I say more?) or walk over to a group of guys who have a fire going and ask for help? Well, you guess what I did. I almost regretted it when as I walked up the first two people I see are a girl giving a guy head next to car. whoops. I keep walking. Hello? Can anyone help me? No one answers. Everyone is busy getting blow jobs, getting high or talking. Finally I get about 8 guys to follow me back to my car and they have to lift it up in the back to get me out. Yeah! I head home and decide it was too much of a unique evening to not write about it before I go to bed and wake up tomorrow and think it was all a dream.

6 Comments:

At Monday, September 12, 2005 5:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary move Whispercat. I know you know that there are a lot of freaks in world let alone on the beach in Port A for Christ's sake. Please leave a note if you are heading out to somewhere no one else know about. What is this career change you are contemplating? Internet porn can be extremely lucrative and you have to do little more that sit in front of your computer. It is the "little more" that may be objectionable. Personally, I like the horny housewives stuff. Feels more real than the perfect pixies stuff.

sprigs

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Whispercat said...

Is this the "sprigs" I think it is?

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one and only........I hope. I really like your new layout with the mobile phone log and the way you can easily receive comments. I am actually considering starting up my own blog. Do you think the web can stand more glib, condescending bullshit (not yours)? What do I do?

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:53:00 PM, Blogger Whispercat said...

Well, hello stranger! Glad to hear from you! I think it would be great to get to read someone else's blog that I know personally so I wholeheartedly support you starting one! I suggest blogger.com where I have moved to. I love the ease in which you can set up a blog (or blog's) and it's free! They have a few template's (mine are both template's that I tweaked a bit, but not much, to get what I wanted on the page.) I like how they have audioblogger also although I don't know if I like listening to my own voice! If you start one you had better let me know so I can check it out. Turn about is fair play as you have been reading mine for a couple years now!! Feel free to comment frequently as I think you are the only one reading it and I feel like I have a [very small] audience.

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005 8:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still take a peek on occasion but when I saw the new layout I began to peek more often. I feel like I have been needing to bare my soul for some time but have not had a proper vehicle for the unveiling. Nothing in particular, just some venting and soul searching and otherwise "me" stuff.

Who do you still keep up with in Port A? I saw Jeff and Gary in CC the other day. Jeff is now at a CC restaurant and Gary is enjoying not working.

Where is that you work?

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Whispercat said...

Really, please tell me if you start a blog. It's really only fair since you have been reading mine now for quite a while.
I see Mandye occasionally for a drinking night, Sara and I talk on the phone since she has moved to Houston, I saw Gary, his family and Patti the first weekend in June at the local pool. He had just finished working at the place on Staples (I forget the name) right by the clinic I work for. I'd rather not say the name here since I don't want it to be linked to the blog and get clients and such reading this! E-mail me privately and I can share more!
Good to hear from you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home