Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurricane Rita-Go away!

I started another entry a couple days ago and haven't gotten a chance to get back to it and don't think I will today. We are all super concerned about Hurricane Rita today and I know I need to get off my ass this morning and get prepared. I have a feeling they will call for an evacuation of the island by tomorrow even though it looks like the storm is going to hit a bit above us. I always evacuate when they ask us to so I need to get prepared to go. The "where" part of going is what has me concerned. My plan has always been go to Houston since I have a free place to stay (with the parents or my sister) and I don't have to worry about bringing the animals with me. But it looks like Houston may not be a good option, and I don't really have any other options with the animals. I don't think many people would look forward to me descending upon them with 5 cats and a 100 pound lab. But, of course, they go where I go or I don't go. (There was a forceful period at the end of that sentence that you probably didn't get as you were reading it, but it was there.)
If I remember I will get back to the old entry about two movies I just watched after the threat is gone.


Last night we went on the annual sunset cruise that the Garden Club puts on every year. (Yes, I am now a member of said club) It was a romantic cruise with my sweetie and 60 old people. We really did have fun. It was a gorgeous evening and the sunset was spectacular. I drank too much wine and have a headache today but the headache could also be because I am super stressed about this little storm brewing in the gulf. I don't really know.
I guess I had better stop procrastinating as I ALWAYS do and get going. Once I get everything together maybe I will feel a bit better as I will be more prepared.
Naaah. I will stress about this no matter how prepared I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home