Is there a possibility this will just blow over like a puff of smoke?
I want to cry. I want to run far, far away. As Rita the ugly hurricane comes closer all I can do is walk around my house thinking that I will possibly never, ever see my stuff again. How do you pack to evacuate? Part of you wants to take everything and the practical part of you knows it won't fit in your little car after you pack the 5 cats and the dog. So I just sit here, thinking it's time to go yet I can't seem to want to leave. I am ready, well as ready as I can be. The car is almost packed except the animals but I am waiting to see what Pete and Ryan are going to do. I don't want to wait until tomorrow because I think everyone is going to go tomorrow and I don't want the headache of sitting in evacuation traffic. If I drive late tonight I should be alone-ish on the road. Just me, 5 cats and a big black dog. Don't fuck with me, Thelma will take your head off. As I sit here typing I am listening to the hammering of nails on my house. The windows and doors are being covered in scrap plywood pieces. All my beautiful plants are inside and will probably die without water through the weekend. The power and water will be turned off and all my lovely groceries will be lost to eating forever. Then, it dawns on me that there is a very good possibility that we will come back to NO house and that my dead plants and ruined food will be swept away also.
Usually I re read my entries as I continue to type but I don't think I can go back over what I wrote without crying so excuse any typo-grammar errors because I am holding on by a very thin thread right now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home