Rest Well, my old friend

This is a sad, sad day.
I had to put my 21 year old cat, Whisper to sleep last night.
She's the namesake for this page and my web page. She was my first cat and my true cat-love. I don't think I have ever been any sadder.
I've loved her with all my heart. She and I have been through so much together in our 21 years we shared. She has been with me no matter what else happened in my life. She loved me no matter what. I can't say that about any other being in my life. I will miss her more than I can express here.
Whisper, Sleep well, my friend. Say hello to Blaze and let him know all is ok with me. Now you are in a place where you are young, pain free and happy. You can run and play with Blaze and the others now. One day we will all meet up again.
I will miss you.
MY FOREVER PET
There's something missing in my home,
I feel it day and night,
I know it will take time and strength
before things feel quite right.
But just for now, I need to mourn,
My heart -- it needs to mend.
Though some may say, "It's just a pet,"
I know I've lost a friend.
You've brought such laughter to my home,
and richness to my days.
A constant friend through joy or loss
with gentle, loving ways.
Companion, friend, and confidante,
A friend I won't forget.
You'll live forever in my heart,
My sweet, forever pet.
-- Susanne Taylor


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home