the one where I wax poetic about my boring job
I started out tonight just to tell you how bored I am at work. I am working an overnight at the clinic I used to work for full time and now it's almost 2:30 am and I HAVE to stay awake until 7 am when I can go home. All the furry critters are snoring away in their cages, happy to be zonked on pain medications, and I don't need to wake them up for at least another 1 1/2 hours for the morning medications, walk outside and breakfast.
I could clean.
Yeah, you see how I could be cleaning.
I am doing laundry, though.
And listening to the radio: Deanna Carter is singing "Strawberry Wine." I like the lyrics of it.
I don't want anyone to get the idea I am truly fucking off and don't care about my charges. I'm sitting in the middle of the treatment room where I can see all the sickest little guys. Two of them are on IV fluids so I have to keep close to keep an eye on them. Fortunately none of these guys are critical this evening and I only have 2 sick guys, 2 that had surgery today, 1 waiting for surgery tomorrow (broken leg), and 5 that are ready to go home tomorrow or boarding with us. I have had 2 calls since the Doctor went to bed at 12 midnight. One guy wanted to talk fleas. He has a cat who has never had fleas and he decided that he needed to forgo sleeping and call a vet clinic at midnight so he could talk about what kind of flea products he needs to buy. He asked if he could buy them at Walmart which makes me think that was where he was heading after he hung up with me. Geez. He must be super freaked about fleas if he has to go to Walmart at midnight to buy flea shampoo. The second call came just a few minutes ago. A vomiting puppy. She already took the bone and food away and she just wanted to be sure she didn't need to bring the puppy in to see us. She was nice.
So after I filled you in on my exciting night I realized that I have been blogging here for a year now. That's pretty cool. Time sure passes quickly.
I hope I don't make any spelling errors and if so I apologize. I am working without spell check. Hey. Why am I working without spell check? Where did it go?
Really no one cares.
I'm sleepy and cold.
I guess I am in the home stretch now though. It's 2:30 ish. I have 4 1/2 hours left. I have help coming at 5 am to get treatments done.
I had to stop and get growled at by a cat. Franklin is not happy right now and he won't let me touch him. But his fluid pump keeps beeping. Damn. I hope I fixed it.
I read US Magazine while I ate my dinner. Poor Mel Gibson, he's an alcoholic. Pam and Kid Rock got married in very tacky wedding attire. Nick isn't with Jessica anymore, he's with Vanessa. And I don't know why Tori was robbed of her inheritance. But I don't agree that Ryan Phillippe has a better body than Matthew McConaughey.
I threw out Mel for Matt.
Check it out!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home