Sunday, August 20, 2006

the one where I think about the good old days

I’ve been feeling nostalgic lately and I have gotten quite a few e-mails from classmates.com and reunions.com. I followed some links and ended up looking up my first serious boyfriend in high school. I was in love; he was older, cooler and had a car. Over the years I have looked for him and never found anything so it was a surprise to find him on classmates.com. I got up some nerve and e-mailed him. To my utter surprise he wrote back!

From: K. N.
To: whispercat

Subject:
FW: Whispercat has sent you a Classmates Email


Hey, good to hear from you! You wrote "I was wondering how you are and if you even remember me?” Wow, was I that much of a bastard or did you figure my memory might not work due to age or substance abuse? :)

I will always remember you. Besides my mom and sisters, there are only 2 women I've ever told I love. You and the woman I married.

Ow! My wife just punched me! Just kidding, she's actually over at her mom's this weekend. Kids (2) included, so I'm having a lazy weekend. I'm thinking pajamas and TV. Hmm, that makes me sound like an out of shape 41 year old guy. Well I am 41, but I'm in pretty good shape. There are some pictures posted at ourhighschoolnamehere.com if you're wondering what I look like these days. I've looked for you on there, but maybe you didn't know about the site? Generally speaking, I have a lot less hair and a lot more muscle than the last time I saw you.

So, what's been going on?
After college, I hired into a semiconductor equipment company and moved to California. I've been with the same company for almost 17 years, which is almost unheard of these days. I've lived in California twice, Colorado, and currently in Oregon. But...we just sold our house here and are moving back
to {our town} next month. We built a house there several years ago, so we thought we might actually go live in it for a change. I haven't figured out what I'll be doing for work in Texas yet, but then again I'd kind of like some time off.

That's about all my 2 typing fingers can take for this message. Write back
after you have a laugh at my pictures :)

K.N.



The e-mailed floored me because the break up wasn’t pretty and I was pretty much devastated by it. I figured he never gave me another thought. I wrote back a long e-mail and tried to fill him in on the abbreviated version on my life the past 22 years. (Shit that is scarily a long ass time!) I’m happy to hear he sounds happily married and his pictures on the website show a bunch of family vacation pictures and he looks happy.




On another note, the house is not happy since P asked the 18 year old to move out. I am so angry with the kid that I want to punch him in the mouth if I see him! He has broken P’s heart and just proved to him again that even family won’t stick thru thick or thin. I thought I finally had him believing that we were a family and we would always stay together and now the 18 year old thinks he’s all grown up and knows so much more than a 40+ year old. The sad thing is he doesn’t even have a clue what it costs to live on your own. He has money burning a hole in his pocket and thinks it will last forever. He thinks sleeping all day, working a job for 4-5 hours and staying out all night roaming around with his posse is the life he wants. I guess we all thought we knew everything when we were young. He had a nice situation here that he could live rent and bill free and go to school if he only followed a few rules. All summer long he played and violated all the rules we set down. I guess he will have to learn the hard way.




Again I have fucked around too long. It’s almost 8 pm and I have too much to do before bed. I have a super early day tomorrow since I am going into town to work at the vet clinic for the day. 5 am is STILL too damn early for me and that will never change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home