Friday, May 05, 2006

the one where birthdays suck no matter whether they are yours or someone else's

I want my loved ones and family to make a big fuss over my birthday and he doesn’t even want to talk about or have anyone talk about his birthday. It’s not because he’s getting older. That doesn’t bother him…..much. He has issues with birthdays stemming from his early years. I didn’t think I was making a big deal about his birthday on Sunday, but I did buy him a present (which he doesn’t want) and I was going to cook him his choice for dinner (which he doesn’t want) and I was going to spend the day doing whatever he wanted to do (which now he is working). We just got in a huge clash about this Sunday. I guess I shouldn’t say another word about his birthday, make plans to do something else and give him his present, not wrapped, another day. I also know this means if I want a birthday party planned for my 40th I should do it myself.
Boy doesn’t that make me sound like “it’s all about me?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home