a day late and a dollar short
Tuesday, at work I met Clint Longley, aka "The Mad bomber".
Washington Post.com writes:
Nov. 28, 1974
Thanksgiving Day at Texas Stadium
Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins
Remember the Mad Bomber? The events that transpired during the final minute of this Thanksgiving Day epic will live in infamy for those who witnessed it. The Redskins were 35 seconds away from clinching a playoff berth when a rookie quarterback -- Clint Longley -- tossed an improbable 50-yard touchdown to Drew Pearson to give the Cowboys a shocking last-second victory. Washington did nearly everything imaginable to pull out this game, including forcing five turnovers and knocking starting quarterback Roger Staubach out of the game. But a blocked field goal and their inability to stop a neophyte quarterback making his first regular-season appearance still has Redskins' fans scratching their collective heads 28 years later.
Nice guy. I asked if he liked playing football and he said yes but it was very, very hard work. I'll just bet so.
Then today I met Rikki Rios, a DJ at Texas radio. She was super sweet. I had a nice time chatting with her. One of the jobs I would love to have (but don't really have the guts to do it) is a radio DJ. She told me it was a great job but doesn't pay that well. I guess that's the story of my life. I am always looking for my dream job and it NEVER pays well. Why couldn't my dream job be, for instance, a plastic surgeon living in Beverly Hills?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home